Like it? Share it!
We are carefully monitoring pandemic developments in Canada, the United States and around the world. We don’t expect to have the information we need from the Ontario Government until late March or April. So, we are keeping all of our options open and doing everything we can to ensure we will be able to provide your children with a safe and fulfilling summer experience— no matter what.
It’s important to remember that there were a number of camps in both the United States and Canada that operated successfully last summer, implementing Covid-19 precautions and protocols.
If your child is currently enrolled or you are considering enrolling your child, your deposit (and subsequent payments) are fully refundable up to the program start date for reasons related to the pandemic and for other reasons up to 60 days before the program begins.
Our plan is to use a combination of best practices, guidance from the Ministry of Health and rigorous screening, to make sure that people arrive at basecamp COVID-free and remain COVID-free. Participants will be required to have a negative COVID test result in advance of camp.
In addition to operating safely, we are working on plans for getting kids to camp safely. We will be sending confirmation packages with travel details as soon as we receive guidance from the Ontario Government. We recommend you wait until then to make travel arrangements. At this time, we are not planning to bring parents out to the island to share in our end of program BBQ and celebrations. Should conditions change and that becomes possible, we will let you know.
For Participants attending from outside of Canada: It is likely you will need to quarantine (avoiding high-risk exposure activities) and test negative before crossing the border. You should also anticipate a test at the point of entry. For participants age 16 and over it is anticipated that a vaccine certificate will facilitate entry into Canada.