Our island base camps are located roughly 400 kilometers (250 miles) north of Toronto, Ontario and 325 kilometers (200 miles) west of Ottawa, Ontario in the heart of the Temagami Wilderness. Despite our remote location, getting your child to canoe camp is really very simple.
Transportation between the village of Temagami and base camp is included in the program tuition. You may meet us in Temagami, or charter travel with us from Toronto or Ottawa.
For ease of travel, all non-Canadian students should obtain a passport well in advance of the program.
Meet us in Toronto, Ontario
All participants arriving by plane or car to Toronto should meet at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport no later than noon on the first day of the program.
- By plane: Meet our camp representative outside the customs gate
- By car: Participants should drive and park at Pearson Airport and meet with a camp representative inside the international area on the arrivals level of Terminal #3.
We will travel the 5-hour trip north by charter bus to Temagami. Bus fare from Toronto is an additional $200 round trip or $100 one-way, lunch will be provided.
Meet us in Ottawa, Ontario
- Meet canoe camp guides at the IKEA parking lot by 11 a.m. on the first day of the program
- Travel together 5 hours north to Temagami in our camp van
- Transportation from Ottawa is an additional $200 round trip, or $100 one-way
- Lunch will be provided
Meet us in Temagami, Ontario
- Meet canoe camp guides in town by 6 p.m. on the first day of program.
- Travel 20 minutes by boat to Northwaters or float plane to Langskib (weather permitting)
- via Toronto or Ottawa: transport available for flights and pick-ups after 3 p.m.
- in Temagami: rendezvous at 8 a.m. at the boat landing
Many families choose to join us the second-to-last day of each program for our celebratory barbecue. Northwaters and Langskib participants, staff and families get together at our picturesque island base camp to share a picnic dinner and hear triumphant stories from the trail!