Getting Here/Travel Details
Despite our remote location Getting your child to canoe camp is really very simple
Our island base camps are located roughly 400 kilometers (250 miles) north of Toronto, Ontario and 325 kilometers (200 miles) northwest of Ottawa, Ontario in the heart of the Temagami region.
Transportation between the village of Temagami and base camp is included in the program tuition. You may meet us in Temagami, or charter bus travel with us from Toronto or Ottawa ($125 each way).
For ease of travel, all non-Canadian students should obtain a passport well in advance of the program.
Many families choose to join us for our optional celebratory barbecue the day before each program ends. Northwaters and Langskib participants, staff, and families get together at our picturesque island base camp to share a picnic dinner and hear triumphant stories from the trail!
Where would you like to meet us?
- Meet canoe camp guides at Lakeland Airways in town by 5:00 pm on the first day of program
- Travel 30 minutes by motorboat to Northwaters or float plane to Langskib (weather permitting)
- Meet canoe camp guides at the Toronto Pearson Airport at 11am (if flying) or Vaughan Mills Mall by 12pm (if driving)
- Travel together 5-hours north to Temagami in our charter bus
- Transportation from Toronto/Vaughan is an additional $250 round trip, or $125 one-way (if booked before May 15th)
- Lunch is provided
- Meet canoe camp guides at the IKEA parking lot by 11:00 am on the first day of the program
- Our van/bus will be parked in “Lot A” between Chapters and IKEA, exit 129 off the 417- Pinecrest/Greenbank Roads
- Travel together 5-hours north to Temagami in our camp van or charter bus
- Transportation from Ottawa is an additional $250 round trip, or $125 one-way (if booked before May 15th)
- Lunch is provided
- Via Toronto or Ottawa: transport available to Vaughan for a 1pm pick-up, Toronto Pearson for flights after 4:00 pm at Toronto Pearson or Ottawa IKEA (as above)
- In Temagami: rendezvous at 8 am at the Manitou boat landing the last day of program
- At Camp: attend the end of session celebratory BBQ the second to last day of program (see below for details)
If you are coming to Temagami to pick your child, you may consider joining us at Northwaters (Island 1088) for the our end of session celebration barbecue.
- Meet our boats between 11:30 am-12 pm at the end of the Temagami Access Road (Manitou Landing) for a ride to basecamp
- Stay overnight in one of our tents, or catch a boat ride back to the landing after the BBQ
- Our island is pet, alcohol, tobacco, nut and wifi free- please plan accordingly
- Complete details can be found inside your Parent Portal on your Travel From